EU funding for Malta
EU funding helps Malta support its wider goals, improving lives, helping businesses to innovate and grow, and promoting Malta on the international stage to boost our trade and investment, influence and networks.
EU funding comes to Malta through European Structural Funds, the Common Agricultural Policy and a broad range of competitive funding schemes which promote collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and expertise between member states. EU funding provides certainty that Malta will receive significant funding in key areas, supporting a diverse range of initiatives - from building new roads to promoting breast cancer awareness.
- 3.6 million in EU funds for new equipment at Gozo General Hospital
- 3.4 million for a cancer screening programme
- 8.4 million to build two new wards at Mater Dei Hospital.
- 12 million for the restoration of The citadel in Gozo.
- 400,000 for a new heating system at the national swimming pool at Tal-Qroqq.
- 43 million to restore the bastions in Valletta, Floriana, Mdina, Vittoriosa, Kalkara and Senglea.
- 1.4million to improve the Saluting Battery overlooking Malta's historic Grand Harbour.
- 1.3 million to improve harbour facilites in Xemxija, Marsa and Marsascala